Standing desks are all the rage these days, but with so many different models and prices, it can be difficult to figure out which one is best for your office. Check out this list of 7 reasons why people love adjustable standing desks and find the right one for you.
- Variety of sizes/capacities – Many people need a standing desk that can adjust to fit their height and also accommodate a large amount of paperwork or other materials. This is common in office settings where employees switch from sitting to standing throughout the day, or those who do long hours at their standup desk on a daily basis. If you fall into this category, you’ll need to find a standing desk that can grow with you and does not limit your movement.
- Comfort – Some people just prefer a standing desk that is both ergonomically and aesthetically pleasing. Standing desks are meant to mimic the posture you have when sitting at a traditional desk. The difference is that your feet are elevated (and are usually off the floor). This changes the way your body feels while working on the computer, which can lead to more productive work sessions. If you find yourself sitting in front of a standing desk for hours on end, uncomfortable shoes or socks may be to blame!
- Security – When you are at the office, your body is at the best of its ability. However, if you are sitting at a standing desk all day long, the effects of poor posture start to show. When standing desks first started appearing in offices around the world, they were often used by people with chronic back injuries to help them return to a state of health. While there is no evidence that proves this practice is harmful in any way, it did create an image for standing desks that was unfavourable – many people associated them with health issues and a need for therapy. Since manufacturers started making stands that could be locked or used as an alarm system for preventing unauthorised access, this problem has been solved to some extent.
- Practicality – This is another reason for hiring an office furniture rental service to get the supplies you need. In a busy office setting, employees will often have different tasks to complete throughout the day. When this happens, employees are more likely to move around the office and stand up in order to complete other work-related tasks. A standing desk that can be adjusted quickly is ideal for anyone who doesn’t have time to sit still!
- Customization – Many standing desks that can be purchased online will come with an option of purchasing accessories like anti-fatigue mats or adjustable monitor arms that fit your needs as an employee. While these products are not necessary for every workplace, it can be beneficial for some people to add them to their standing desk. Of course, you don’t have to purchase a complete standing desk set in order to get these accessories – many companies that sell standing desk equipment will also sell their products individually.
- Technology – The best standing desks on the market today are actually touchscreen, meaning they can be used as a monitor or gaming device! If you do a lot of work on your laptop or personal tablet device, this option is great because you can save money and space by choosing one device instead of two. In addition, these touch screens can be programmed to control your office lights, audio/video equipment, Wi-Fi connectivity, and more. This allows you to multitask more easily than if you had to walk to the computer every time you wanted to adjust the volume on your speakers or change the channel on your television.
- Collaboration – The newest trend in standing desks is their ability to be used remotely in an office setting. This means that you can work with coworkers and customers across the globe from one location by simply loading an app onto your touchscreen monitor. In addition, most of these monitors are equipped with desktop sharing technology that allows others to view what is being displayed on your screen from any location around the world.
There are many benefits to using standing desks and the list of 7 reasons why people love the adjustable standing desk sheds some light on just a few of those perks. Consider your own needs and goals for using an ergonomic desk and think about what you can gain by incorporating one into your office setup.
I am the content writer for Allblogsidea, where I love what I do. Writing is my passion; it’s what drives me in life. It makes me happy when people share their stories with the world so they can be heard.