As the self storage industry grows, so does the number of available tools to make your life as a self storage manager easier. Here are 9 top-notch tools that the largest self storage companies in Canada should be using to help run their business more smoothly.
This website and accompanying app is designed to help self storage managers with marketing, rentals, and payments. With StoragePug, you can create custom websites for your facility, list your units on popular rental sites like SpareFoot and Storage.com, and accept online payments from tenants.
Additionally, you can use StoragePug to manage your rentals, send out automatic billing and payment reminders, and track your facility’s performance with custom reports. StoragePug is the all-in-one solution for self storage managers who want to streamline their operations and grow their business. Try it free today!
- Self Storage Manager
A good self storage management software will make your life a whole lot easier. It will help you keep track of your inventory, customers, and finances, and it will also automate many of the tasks associated with running a the best self storage companies. There are many different options out there, so be sure to do your research and find one that fits your specific needs.
- A Quality Accounting Software
Keeping track of your finances is crucial in any business, but it’s especially important in the self storage industry. You need to be able to track income and expenses, manage invoices and customer payments, and generate detailed reports. A good accounting software will make all of this easier and save you a lot of time.
- A Mobile Self Storage Unit
If you’re in the self storage companies in Calgary, then chances are you have a lot of stuff stored in your own units. A mobile self storage unit is a great way to keep all of your belongings organized and easy to access. You can move it around as needed, and it’s much more secure than keeping everything in your house or office.
- A Portable Climate Control Unit
If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, then a portable climate control unit is a must-have. These units can be used to keep your self storage units at a comfortable temperature, regardless of the outside weather. This is especially important if you live in an area with very hot summers or very cold winters.
- A Good Self Storage Insurance policy
Insuring your the top self storage companies is essential to protecting yourself from liability claims and other financial losses. Make sure you have a good self storage insurance policy that covers all of your bases.
- A Self Storage Unit Cleaning Service
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of cleaning your units yourself, then consider hiring a self storage unit cleaning service. They will come in and do all the work for you, so you can focus on running your business.
- A Self Storage Marketing Service
If you want to attract more customers to your self storage business, then consider hiring a self storage marketing service. They will help you create an effective marketing plan and execute it flawlessly.
- A Self Storage Consulting Service
If you need help with any aspect of your self storage business, from start to finish, then consider hiring a self storage consulting service. They will be able to provide you with all the advice and guidance you need to succeed.
Other Tools Include
- Site Link – Another software option, SiteLink is widely used in the self storage industry and can help with online rentals, payments, and facility management.
- Google My Business – This free tool from Google can help your self storage facility show up in search results and on Google Maps. Claiming and optimizing your listing can help you get more visibility and reach potential customers in your area.
- Storage unit calculator – Use a storage unit calculator like this one from U-Haul to help customers determine what size unit they need for their belongings. This can save you time on the phone or in person as potential tenants narrow down their options.
- Move-in specials – Offering move-in specials is a great way to attract new tenants to your facility. List your specials on your website, on listing sites, and in any advertising you do to help get the word out.
- Storage auctions – If you have delinquent tenants, storage auctions can be a great way to recoup some of the lost rent and clear out the unit for a new tenant. There are a few different online auction platforms you can use, such as StorageTreasures.com.
- Self storage insurance – Offering self storage insurance can give tenants peace of mind knowing their belongings are covered in case of damage or theft. There are a few different companies that offer this type of insurance, so be sure to shop around for the best rates.
Self storage in Canada is a great business to get into, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started. These self storage tips will help you get started on the right foot and set you up for success. If you have any questions, be sure to reach out to a self storage professional for guidance.
I am the content writer for Allblogsidea, where I love what I do. Writing is my passion; it’s what drives me in life. It makes me happy when people share their stories with the world so they can be heard.