Nowadays, people are using Outlook email service to send and receive emails. It is an official mail service provided by Microsoft that helps you access your account on any device or system easily.
But, many users have been encountering the [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error while trying to log in to their Outlook accounts. This error occurs when the SSL connection doesn’t work between the authorized mail server provider and your device(s).
So, if you’ve been encountering this error for a while now, don’t worry! The above-mentioned article will help you fix the problem. Use these tips to access your Outlook without difficulty.
What Causes The Error?
The main reason behind the [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error is an invalid SSL connection between your device and the authorized mail server provider. At times, a user’s system might have a problem with the DNS server of their ISP or it can also be of any third party app installed on your system that has been interfering with the Outlook account.
How To Fix It?
In order to fix this issue, you need to troubleshoot the root cause of the problem first. When you encounter this error, there are no simple ways to solve it as it is not a new mail server configuration issue. Here are some steps that will help you deal with the problem:
1. Check Your Login Credentials
Your login credentials are the first thing you need to check when an error or technical glitch occurs with your Outlook account. Sometimes, we make mistakes by putting wrong usernames and passwords in the login fields and create a problem for yourself. So, if this is what has happened, try using correct login details and see if it helps you log-in without any issue.
2. Create an SSL Connection With A Different Server Provider
When you encounter this [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error code on your device, check with your ISP as well as the authorized mail server providers (such as Google Mail/Gmail) if they’re experiencing any technical glitches. If yes, then try using the services of another authorized mail server provider with your Outlook account to create an SSL connection and check if you can access your account without any issue.
3. Update Your Connection Setting
Sometimes, outdated connection settings on users’ devices (mobile phones or PCs) might be causing this error to appear frequently on their system screens. So make sure that your device’s settings are up-to-date before trying anything else. Upgrade your Windows version as well as Internet Explorer browsers to avoid dealing with the problem again in the future.
4. Use A Different Email Account To Log In
If you’re using two different email accounts for personal and official purposes, it is advised that you use your personal email account to log-in to Outlook.com (if you haven’t changed the password for this account yet). It is because the SSL certificates might be different for both email accounts and can create a problem while accessing any of them.
5. Reset Your PC To Fix The Problem
If updating your device’s connection setting doesn’t help you fix the issue, resetting it will. Just follow these steps:
1) On Windows 8 devices go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery section and click on “Restart Now” under Advanced Startup section. In case Windows 10 is installed on your computer, open it and go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery option and hit “Reset This PC”.
2) Now, select “Remove Everything” option and wait for the resetting process to get over completely.
6. Check with Your ISP And Grant Full Access Permissions To TLS Ports On Your Router
Sometimes, your ISP might block the access of TLS ports on their router so it’s not possible for Outlook servers to communicate with your computer properly. So, you need to ask your ISP about this issue and then allow full access permissions (80/443 port opening) for all devices including mobile phones; otherwise, log-in issues will still persist.
7. Manually Connect Using Exchange Active Sync (EAS) Connection Type
Make sure that you create a manual connection by using Active Sync (EAS) connection type so that you can access your Outlook account. To do this, open a web browser and visit the following link: https://outlook.com/eas
8. Try Using An Old Outdated Protocol Of Outlook Account For A Direct Connection
If creating an SSL connection doesn’t help you connect to the Outlook account from a device, then try using old protocols such as IMAP, POP3 or HTTP for a direct connection instead of connecting via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). In order to use these protocols for a direct connection, you need to turn it on by going through these steps:
1) Open your email app and hit the More menu button. Then go to “Settings” section and select “Connection Settings”.
2) Now, enter https://mail.live.com/mail/ProtocolSettings in the Outgoing Server field and choose IMAP in the next section.
3) Hit Save button after entering your login details for your Outlook account to complete the task successfully.
9. Check with Your Internet Service Provider To Fix The Issue
If none of these steps help you fix this [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error code on your device, then try contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider). It might be possible that some technical problems on their end are causing this problem to appear frequently on your screen; so get in touch with them and get a quick solution without any issue!
10. Delete Some Or All Outgoing Emails To Fix The Problem
Try deleting some of your outgoing emails from the server to fix this problem on your device. If you’re not sure how to delete emails, then here is a guide: How to Delete Email in Outlook . Just select some or all emails and delete them completely from the mail server after the process gets over successfully; it should help you connect to your Outlook account without any issue next time.
11. Ensure That Your Name And Password Are Correct
If nothing helps you get rid of this [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error code, make sure that you’ve entered all correct details while logging in to your Outlook account. Check all credentials again to make sure that they are correct and then try using them one by one in your device to fix the problem completely.
12. Wait For Some Time To Fix The Problem
Sometimes, it might take some time for Outlook servers to start recognizing your connection settings due to high traffic on the network; so just wait for some time before you get started with accessing your Outlook account again. It should help you fix this problem without any issue!
13. Update Your Device’s Connection Settings By Going Through These Steps:
If none of these steps help you fix the [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error code on your device, then try updating your device’s connection settings by following these steps:
1) Open your email app and go to More menu. Then choose Settings option.
2) Now, select “Connection Settings” section. Next, click on “Manual Setup” button to update the connection settings for your Outlook account directly from your device instead of updating it automatically from any website or service.
14. Delete Or Re-configure Your Connection Settings On The Device To Fix The Issue
If nothing works for you, then try deleting all existing connection settings on your device first before configuring them again manually with the help of above-mentioned reference link https://outlook.com/eas . After deleting all previous connection settings successfully, use this link https://outlook.com/eas and configure your connection settings online. It should help you fix the problem without any issue at all!
15. Re-create Your Account (Only When Nothing Else Is Working)
Sometimes, it might be the right time to re-create your account if none of these steps work on your device; so create a new Outlook account and then try accessing it from another device after logging in successfully with your newly created credentials. This will fix the problem as well as resolve some other issues as well if they’re present on your current account.
After following these simple steps, disconnect all devices from this session and reconnect them later one by one until you’re able to connect with Outlook successfully on one device. Once you’re connected, then try to fix this problem on other devices as well. If you’re not sure how to do that, then here is a guide: How To Connect 2 Devices With Outlook Account.
You have just successfully found a fix for your Outlook account [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error. Fixing issues is a time taking process most of the times so follow this article carefully and check if you’re able to fix the issue or not. If your problem still exists, then contact Microsoft support team without any delay!
I hope that this guide was helpful in resolving the [pii_email_5aefd30a47e124ba7aea] error message on Outlook.com . In case you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comment section below!
I am the content writer for Allblogsidea, where I love what I do. Writing is my passion; it’s what drives me in life. It makes me happy when people share their stories with the world so they can be heard.