You’ll need to determine your next educational step following your bachelor’s degree. The most critical factor in evaluating your career path is leading to professional success and fulfillment. You’re looking for a curriculum that gives you hands-on experience and relevant skills for today’s business world. Individuals with a bachelor’s degree can enroll in the post-graduate certificate in management program.
In this writing, let’s dive into what PGDM is, its benefits, admission process eligibility, and course duration details.
What is a PGDM course?
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (in short, PGDM) is a two-year program that prepares students for careers in management. Private business schools that are not affiliated with the AICTE can award certificates instead of degrees. Is it an MBA? Absolutely! Beyond the standard MBA curriculum, PGDM programs bring value, and that is what demanding recruiters want.
PGDM benefits over other courses:
- Industry-driven specializations: The industry needs primarily to drive specializations in PGDM programs. Business Analytics is one example. The specialists are experts in HR, Marketing, Sales, and Finance, but they also understand it.
- There are no unnecessary courses: The PGDM program differs from traditional MBA programs. It does not adhere to the rigid requirements set by universities. As an alternative, the self-governing Institutes work with outside groups to develop curriculum and build labs. In addition, organizations send specialists to instruct students and provide them with real-world experience working with accurate data.
- Employable students: Students are better equipped for the business world with an industry-focused curriculum. Due to the course’s practical application, they gain good internship possibilities. Internships usually lead to permanent work within the same organization or larger MNCs.
- Enhanced employability: Managing in multiple domains is a thing of the past. The market seeks students trained in specialized disciplines. Post-graduate degrees in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, and Enterprise Management are attainable with PGDM. After PGDM, you can work as a data scientist, SAP consultant, or Business Analyst. Overall, a PGDM gives you the best of both worlds, allowing you to pursue your passion with ease.
What to consider in 2022 for the PGDM course?
- CAT, MAT, SNAP, GMAT, XAT are used for PGDM Admissions 2022. Several B Schools accept PGDM applications.
- A PGDM is a two-year professional education by leading management institutes and universities. It incorporates Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning.
PGDM entrance exam prerequisites
Below mentioned are a few prerequisites that one should keep in mind while applying for any of the PGDM entrance exams:
- Prepare a list of PGDM colleges you want to apply to and the entrance exams they accept.
- CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, and IBSAT are among the top entrance exams accepted for PGDM admissions.
- Students must check the eligibility criteria and the admission procedure accepted for all the PGDM entrance examinations.
- Some of the exams are national, while states accept some, and some are allotted explicitly to certain colleges/universities.
- PGDM Entrance exams accepted by institutes are CAT: IIM, XAT: XLRI, SNAP: Symbiosis, IBSAT: ICFAI Hyderabad.
PGDM admission process 2022
Check out the stepwise PGDM Admission process 2022:
PGDM eligibility 2022
- A minimum score of 50% in graduation from a recognized university or equivalent CGPA score
- There is no specific age limit set to apply for PGDM admissions. Hence, students of any age, including those pursuing their graduation in the final year, can apply for the course.
How to apply for PGDM admission 2022?
PGDM Applications 2022 for PGDM colleges is a straightforward process if the guidelines are adhered to. The steps for the PGDM application process are as follows:
- Apply for Admissions
- Score well in the Entrance Examination: CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, IBSAT
- After clearing the entrance, exams appear for GD (Group Discussions) & PI (Personal Interview)
- Accept admission after final selection
The Group Discussion and Personal Interview are the final rounds for selecting a candidate for the PGDM course.
After being shortlisted for a PGDM program, you must attend a counseling session where you must present all official documents for future reference.
Best PGDM streams to choose
A post-graduate diploma is a course where individuals can improve their post-graduation skills. The people who have completed their master’s degree and want to upgrade themselves take it. There are various streams of PGDM like Finance, Marketing, and Human resources. All these streams require different qualifications and methods of teaching too. The best element of this course is that it provides both practical and theoretical knowledge. Here are some popular specializations offered by various PGDM programs across India – Marketing Management, Finance, Management, and Operations & Logistics Management
PGDM career opportunities
You may be intrigued by PGDM and decide to enroll, but what can you do with a PGDM? Before graduating, students should be aware of the employment options available after PGDM. PGDM specialties are offered in India, with corresponding employment prospects. A PGDM in India can prepare you for several industries.
You can work as a sales manager, a bank sales officer, or a strategic manager following your PGDM. There are endless prospects for career advancement, and you can seize them. Large-scale retail and manufacturing operations have considerable career advancement potential.
Graduates are increasingly opting for advanced degrees in management, with the MBA being the most popular option. Even yet, things have altered since the introduction of PGDM. If you’re interested in pursuing a PGDM degree in India, you’ll require the information offered here. Hoping that this post has answered a few questions you may have had regarding the course and given you a better understanding.
Selecting a suitable college and course is crucial to a prosperous future or career. Your PGDM course taught you how to run a firm, and you’ve gained some industry experience as a result. Companies inside and outside India will recruit you right away if you have a good track record. Wish you the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors.
I am the content writer for Allblogsidea, where I love what I do. Writing is my passion; it’s what drives me in life. It makes me happy when people share their stories with the world so they can be heard.